@ProtectDuPage and Tweet using
26th DuPage County Advanced Severe Weather Seminar - March 11, 2017
The Advanced Severe Weather Seminar is geared toward individuals who will be on the front line of the weather warning system, including spotters, amateur radio operators, emergency management personnel, police, fire, educators, public works and utility workers. This severe weather seminar is designed
to provide continuing education to trained spotters who wish to broaden their understanding of advanced weather phenomena.
Thank you for your interest and participation in the 26th DuPage County Advanced Severe Weather Seminar
- We are working to post the presentations from Saturday's event as soon as possible, and we anticipate having the majority of the presentations posted by Friday afternoon, March 17, 2017. Please note that due to copyright restrictions, not all presenters will be authorizing us to make their presentations available online.
- Before the end of the week, a survey will be sent to all attendees for whom we have email addresses. Please take a moment to complete this survey. Every change we made in this year's event was a direct result of feedback we received from previous surveys. While we welcome your feedback, please keep in mind the following:
- Some of logistical and technical issues are beyond our control, due to agreements with our presenters, the existing technology infrastructure of the venue, the venue itself, etc.
- We do our best to minimize the wait times in restroom lines, lunch lines, etc., however it is nearly impossible to completely eliminate lines in any venue, while still having sufficient room to accommodate up to 600 people in separate dining and presentation areas.
- Photos/videos from the event will be shared via our Facebook page in a few weeks. However, feel free to monitor #DuPageWxSeminar used for this event.
Some of the highlights from the 2017 Weather Seminar event included*:
*Please note some speakers may not have their presentation available for download.
Please follow us on
Twitter and join us on
Facebook for updates and news! For weather enthusiasts, we have a Facebook Group. Feel free to join the group.
We hope to see all next year at our 27th Advanced Severe Weather Seminar!
- DuPage County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management